Help with bathroom design

natashakJune 13, 2012

I'd really love some feedback on our bathroom design for our new home. We have a lot of space, but it seems really awkward to me.

My initial idea is to put the back of the toilet against the big master closet and put up a pony wall as you walk into the bathroom. We are definitely not fans of the closeted bathroom look--we prefer the pony wall. However, that leaves the toilet staring at the vanity on that side of the bathroom.

The focal piece of the master bath will be the claw foot tub, which will go under the window. Unfortunately, flanking the tub with our vanities is not an option because they will be too small, so we will need to keep them where they are.

I should add, the closet to the right of the Master bath entrance is our walk-in linen closet. Next to that is a steam shower.

I'm totally open to any ideas because I am definitely not loving it as it is. THANK YOU!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brkhome

How about putting a double sink vanity on the short wall (where toilet and vanity is) and move the shower down to the tub and the toilet next to the small closet?
It seems you have a lot of deck area on either end of your tub. By moving the shower down toward the tub you could possibly put a glass enclosure at the foot of the tub and use the deck as the bench for the shower.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™