Came up with a 'Pencil' Idea for Porch Table!

jeannespinesNovember 30, 2011

Yesterday I mentioned I only had to iron the porch t'cloth & the porch would be done...had a play day today shopping w/friends but this evening I got 'er done!

Here's my porch table & centerpc:

I used this plaid cotton t'cloth I purchased at Kohl's on clearance (it has a flaw in it) ...added a 'framed' long skinny mirror that I bought at an antique shop this summer:

I've added these 'pencil' snowmen(ladies) & Santa's ..a couple of them I've had for many yrs & then I picked up a few more at TS's & GS's for a $ or so ...& thought, ummmm...good collection, won't take up much space! LOL!

Thought the mirror needed a little more bling so I dug into my bead stash & added these clear glass & red seed beads:

As long as no one decides to 'blow' on them, it will be ok! LOL!

So here's the finished porch table corner ...ahhh, the porch is done & I'm lovin' it! (but wouldn't this mirror look even cuter with 1, 2, 3, maybe 4 more! LOL! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Jeanne, your so clever! Cute pencil figurines and they lined up real sweet on the mirror. Your tc looks nice. Nothing wrong with a flaw when the price is right. Adding the beads was a great idea.

Punk

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 12:59AM
Purplemoon

That is adorable. I can't believe you found a skinny mirror, which is so perfect, for your skinny pencil figures! How neat! Adding the beads was a great touch too.
That tablecloth gives everything a big punch/pop of color and really sets the scene on your porch!

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 1:08AM
nana2010_gw

How cute, perfect for your porch,
great place to sit with a cup of cocoa and watch for Santa and his reindeer!
Nana

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 7:52AM
Marlene Kindred

Another really cute idea! LOVE the tablecloth and your "pencil" snowman family is great. I think that is the skinniest mirror I've ever seen!

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 5:13PM
jeannespines

Thanks, Holiday-ers ... Ho! Ho! Ho!...I've got lots more decorating to go!!! Tomorrow is Dec. 1st! Time is flying by so quickly! Appreciate your comments! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 5:43PM
OrchidOCD

Ahh, Jeanne - "wouldn't this mirrorr look even cuter...." - a woman after my own heart! It looks great - love the seed bead accents - touch of a master!

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 6:52PM
jeannespines

While out taking care of the gr'kids at their place last wk while they were in school/preschool one day, we found a consignment shop...DH enabled me by finding two more pencil figurines...the angel caroler is a "Wang" 1993 (left side of mirror) & another 'Santa' (far right next to the tallest Santa) $3 each:

What fun! & you can pack these away in a shoebox! LOL! Jeanne S. (not the long mirror tho...I'll hang it!)

I attached a closer view of this angel from e-bay below...click on link.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1993 Angel Pencil Figurine

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 2:15PM
Purplemoon

How wonderful you found two more, and one an Angel. She is a terrific addition I think.

Long, long ago I had a small collection of pencil Santas but I guess they ended up donated at some point as I haven't seen them in about 15 years. You are sure right about how easy it is to store them! LOL.

Maybe in the future I should switch over to MINI Christmas decorations, and shoeboxes instead of bins!! Sounds like a plan, especially at this point in my current decorating.
LOL

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 12:13AM
More Discussions
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Valentine Decor
It was a little crazy decorating this year for Valentine's...
phonegirl
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
Our Xmas Display inside & out 2014
My Christmas in case you missed it w/carols, many changes...
aputernut
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™