Loose handle on wine fridge

NorthlutJune 16, 2012

I have a Kitchen Aid under-counter wine fridge that has a loose handle. I'm trying to figure out how to tighten it. I downloaded the manual, and it doesn't say anything about it. On the Kitchen Aid web site they have some information on removing handles on their full size fridges, but the two styles they describe (a set screw on the side of the handle, or slide it up to remove) don't match what this appliance has. It really looks like I need to get in behind the handle to tighten it, but I can't tell if that's possible. It seems like I'd have to somehow remove the gasket and maybe even take the door apart to do it. The parts list does show an exploded view of all of those pieces, but no explanation of how to disassemble it or reassamble it. And I'm concerned I might damage the gasket removing it.

What should I do? Maybe I should give up and just super glue the stupid thing on? I don't see why I'd ever need to remove it, but I don't know if that would actually hold.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill102

Call Kitchen Aid and ask to speak to Technical Support. They should know the answer or know who does.

Bill

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 1:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Northlut

Oh, for some reason I thought they'd only give support if it was under warranty. This thing is several years old. But I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
Best Range Hood for a GE Gas 30" 5 burner vented through roof?
We are remodeling the kitchen in a 1000sf ranch home....
kmkare
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
Bluestar electric French door installed
It's installed. Electrical not hooked up yet (see the...
Debbi Branka
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™