Loose handle on wine fridge

NorthlutJune 16, 2012

I have a Kitchen Aid under-counter wine fridge that has a loose handle. I'm trying to figure out how to tighten it. I downloaded the manual, and it doesn't say anything about it. On the Kitchen Aid web site they have some information on removing handles on their full size fridges, but the two styles they describe (a set screw on the side of the handle, or slide it up to remove) don't match what this appliance has. It really looks like I need to get in behind the handle to tighten it, but I can't tell if that's possible. It seems like I'd have to somehow remove the gasket and maybe even take the door apart to do it. The parts list does show an exploded view of all of those pieces, but no explanation of how to disassemble it or reassamble it. And I'm concerned I might damage the gasket removing it.

What should I do? Maybe I should give up and just super glue the stupid thing on? I don't see why I'd ever need to remove it, but I don't know if that would actually hold.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Call Kitchen Aid and ask to speak to Technical Support. They should know the answer or know who does.


    Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 1:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Oh, for some reason I thought they'd only give support if it was under warranty. This thing is several years old. But I'll give it a try. Thanks.

    Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 1:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
motor for bluestar hood
I recently purchased a floor model bluestar range and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™