Need Help with Shower System set up

JoAnneNYIJune 4, 2012

Have read and searched and still not sure if I have it right. I'd like a rainhead shower, handheld, and tub spout for my 2nd floor combo shower/tub. Walls are being torn out with new tub and tile. House built in 60's.

I'm thinking hot/cold water lines to pressure balance valve stacked to a 5 port diverter/transfer valve with 3 outlets (one inlet is capped). Will it be hard to plumb an outlet to the tub spout?

but now thinking should I get a pressure balance valve with tub diverter and stack that with a 2 outlet transfer to the shower heads? Is this option less of a plumbing headache? Seems more logical?

I am hoping to go with either the Purist Kohler Line (valves K-728-K and K-304-ks) or Grohe Allure (valves 29-035 and 35-015). Is Grohe harder to work with than Kohler? I'm partial to the Allure look.

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum. I have used so many of your ideas and instruction in planning my redo and now am ready to order everything and get it done!

JoAnne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

We are doing the same thing and using the Hansgrohe E series. We had to get a set-up with a plain tub faucet (no diverter), the main diverter/temp control valve and then a separate diverter above that for the switching between the showerhead and handheld. Hansgrohe didn't offer a diverter that would do all of it in one valve. No info on Kohler vs. Grohe... I'd say get what you love.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 8:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JoAnneNYI

Thanks Deedles...I searched and found the s series and sounds just like it would work for me too.

Has anyone used the Grohe 5 port diverter?

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
Console legs for wall-mount sink?
We have installed this sink in our bathroom: http://www.ybath.com/duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin.html?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_content=duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&cvosrc=pla.google.duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&gclid=CKjNlI3C08QCFYhhfgodmE8A8Q The...
lesleymatson
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
So upset about marble floor
This is how my expensive marble basket weave floor...
aiallega
Sponsored Products
Caluco Chair Cover 33W x 36D x 34H
$186.00 | LuxeDecor
Sumba Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Muted Gold Pattern Print
$22.99 | Dot & Bo
Original Audubon Artwork Plate #395
FRONTGATE
Chroma Asimmetrica Poultry Shears - GD-01
$53.95 | Hayneedle
Hand-crafted Rust Red Solid Casual Ridges Wool Rug (2'6 x 8')
Overstock.com
Cream Two-Piece Cotton Swirl Piping Bag Set
$6.99 | zulily
Missoni Home | Oketo Vivid Cylinder Pouf
YLiving.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™