48' Free-standing SS refrigerators

sub123June 26, 2012

Hi - What are the various 48" free-standing SS refrigerators? I checked the Sub-zero - extremely pricey. What others are out there and how has the experience been?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

The SZ Pro-48 is the only 48" residential fridge that can be installed freestanding.

You can buy two 24" Euro freestanding fridges and place them side by side. The best is Liebherr.

The other option is commercial 48" fridges. They are LOUD and energy hogs. They are not designed for long term food preservation ie manage humidity levels within a very tight tolerance or manage vegetable off-gasing. They are designed to maintain temperature despite having doors opened and closed constantly. As you would in a
successful restaurant.

Traulsen is one of the better ones. Summit is one of the cheaper commerical refrigerators.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 2:34PM
sub123

Thanks for the quick response.

I was googling and couldn't find that info - that is useful - I am very surprised though that there aren't more - Thanks again!

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 3:42PM
jenny_from_the_block

We have been looking at 48" side by side refrigerators that are panel-ready / integrated. I'm pretty sure they can stand alone. There weren't many options and most were in the same ballpark as the sub zero. There is a kitchen aid which was $1500 less than the Sub (so the price was still up there) and we got a quote for GE monogram that I think my husband said was even more than the sub zero.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 8:20AM
jenny_from_the_block

We have been looking at 48" side by side refrigerators that are panel-ready / integrated. I'm pretty sure they can stand alone. There weren't many options and most were in the same ballpark as the sub zero. There is a kitchen aid which was $1500 less than the Sub (so the price was still up there) and we got a quote for GE monogram that I think my husband said was even more than the sub zero.

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™