Halloween Wine Glasses

oldalgebraOctober 6, 2008

Just one more thing and then I promise to quit. I'd thought this might come in handy if you're giving a Halloween get-together.

Some of you might remember my fall arrangement with the carved pumpkin my friend gave me. The husband of this same friend presented me with six spider web wine glasses one Halloween. Obviously, he's talented enough to make a living with his art.

Last year I gave a luncheon for some of my teacher friends and needed more glasses than the six I had. So, I went on a search and found this idea. Just bought cheepie wine glasses and painted a line of red paint around the glasses and let the paint run down at will. Now, how easy is that! If you've never used glass paint, you should know that you have to let it set for several days before using. And you must paint "below lip level" as it isn't good to have it in your mouth.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dining_delight

Please don't quit, OA!! You know we love pics! And what a great idea these wine glasses are. I doubt I could make nice webs/spiders like your talented friend but maybe, the blood ones are do-able. Thanks for sharing!

DD

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 11:32PM
luvstocraft

Love the painted webs and spiders, your friend did a great job on them. And kudos to you on the clever idea for more Halloween glasses. (Although I might have to think twice about drinking from a glass with "blood" dripping off it!) LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 2:39AM
jamie_mt

Hey, you can't quit yet! Not until the 1st of November...

I love those glasses!! I normally don't have time for stuff like that, but I might be able to handle the bloody ones. There's a glass painting artist around here who's quite reasonable though, and I'm considering buying some stemware from her one of these days. Dishwasher safe, since she bakes the decorations on in the oven...

Yours are wonderful though, and the blood goes great with the webs! :-)

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 11:24AM
alass

Oh wow. Those are so much fun. I loved them!

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 2:38PM
kathleen_li

Love the webs!! Great idea for all those mismatched wine glasses we end up with! I always start off with 13, but the breakage never stops at one...:(

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 7:52PM
prosperity66

What a great idea! I just thought buying some glasses for the Halloween party I will host... will buy some standard glasses and paint them with such themes.

Bookmark   October 8, 2008 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
"Inspiration Pictures" reminder
Hi Gang.....thought I'd remind you I've got a bunch...
Purplemoon
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
Toddler' February Art
For all you grandmothers out there: Materials: One...
oldalgebra
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
Sponsored Products
Brick Paver Bold Stripe Apothecary Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Portman Square Outdoor Wall Sconce No. 49160 by Kichler
$495.00 | Lumens
Designers Fountain 97589 Amherst 9 Light Chandelier in Burnt Umber Finish Multic
$898.00 | Hayneedle
Waterproof RGB LED Neon, by the 20m Reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
KingsBottle 25-bottle Compressor Single-temp Wine Cooler
Overstock.com
Westinghouse 5-3/4 in. x 4-1/4 in. Clear with Black Rope Accessory Shade 8131500
$14.97 | Home Depot
Sample-Crema Marfil Herringbone Tiles Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Matte Black Wall Sconce with 7-Inch Gold Champagne Crystal Glass
$92.40 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™