Bone toilet & shower base - which vanity top?

desperado28June 20, 2012

Hello-

First post in this part of the forum... I recently bought a bank owned property with a very odd bathroom setup, so I am ripping everything out and redoing it. I choose (partially due to this forum) a swanstone base and tiled walls. The base is their "Bone" color and the toilet is also in bone. I am picking out the vanity top, and there are several granite ones I like that match well... but they are all sold with white sinks.

I am unsure if that will detract from the room or not? My other option, I guess is to buy a granite top and a separate undermount sink in bone.

I had been hoping to do the shower base and vanity top in Swanstone Bermuda Sand, but due to the long lead time, I am unable to.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Is this place for you or for resale?

If resale then go with the white sink. If for you, then get the undercount in bone and a nice granite.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 10:37PM
harry_wild

What color is your vanity cabinet? Is it white or chocolate color? If it is white then go with tan or biscuit granite. If it is chocolate then go with a shade of darker cream granite.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 11:51PM
desperado28

thank you for your replies. The place is for me. The vanity cabinet is a light wood (oak). Looking at pictures on houzz, it seemed liked having just the white sink with the granite was still ok..

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 8:08AM
More Discussions
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™