Help fine tuning our Mudd room area please.

zebra26May 7, 2012

I need some help. We have worked forever on these plans and the basement will be excavated this week so I can't change the footprint. We added a mudd room on at the last minute so I feel it is just thrown together. I am thinking I would like the kitchen pantry to be extended where the half bath is. I still want the half bath but I just would like this whole area revamped. We put a utility sink in this area due to we thought it would be better utilized than the laundry area(which is where I first had it) It is just my husband, myself and my 7 year old daughter so I thought it a little over kill to have 5 sinks in one area. I am enclosing our plans but I don't think you can see the measurements so I enlarged the part I want reworked. Any suggestions would so much be appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

At the very least, change the door swing of your mudroom door and reverse the mudroom (drop zone at opposite end).
Can the wall, which probably used to be the exterior wall, be removed? Or, is it structural/holding up your trusses?

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 6:46PM
dekeoboe

How do you envision using the mudroom? What do you want in it besides lockers and a sink.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 7:59PM
zebra26

Actually, I have thought about moving sink to garage as it is a utility sink. The Mudd room would be for multiple bags due to all the activities my daughter has. It would be a place to store shoes and jackets with a bench to put shoes on. After talking to a friend today I am thinking about leaving pantry as is and the place where the sink and drop zone is putting storage there for extra kitchen appliances.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 8:46PM
ontariomom

If you want the drop zone in the mudroom, I would get rid of the sink beside it, and just use the sink in the half bath. I would dislike having water spray on the papers in my drop zone. The mudroom can be a good spot for the drop zone as you enter and exit using this room. If you do move the drop zone out, think carefully about where it will go instead.

Carol

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 4:32PM
More Discussions
Windows question
How is this look achieved? Are these casement windows? What...
ILoveRed
Smaller 2nd story possible in two story home?
My husband and I are in the beginning stages of figuring...
Lauren McLellan
Open Cell Attic Insulation. No baffles/No vapor barrier?
We are in Chicago and are putting on an addition that...
snkscore
Just got first set of plans - would love feedback!
Hopefully, the below is a link to the first floor of...
mommabearof5
Nantahala / Amicalola / Tranquility / Garrell and Associates hous
My husband and I have been planning our new house for...
DivinityMorgan
Sponsored Products
Whitehaus GR532 Solid Stainless Steel Sink Protection Grid 13'' x 16 1/4''
$79.00 | Blue Bath
Double Cross Natural Shoji Table Lamp
$49.00 | Bellacor
Persian Flower Rug 5'6" x 8'6" - BURGUNDY/BLACK
$2,899.00 | Horchow
Colonial Mills Georgetown Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug - Bronze - GT80R024X03
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Home Decorators Accent Rug: Royale Chenille Clay 2' 3" x 3' 9"
$25.00 | Home Depot
Safavieh Handmade Treasure Brown/ Gold Wool Rug (4'6 x 6'6 Oval)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™