ice maker/ chilled water dispenser independent from fridge

Karen.1288June 27, 2012

I am thinking that I'm just going to get a fridge only unit for my kitchen since I'll have a full freezer in my pantry but I still want the chilled water and ice that you can only get on a fridge with a freezer. Has anyone found an option for this. I know that you can get under the sink water chillers but I just want a simple ice maker/water dispenser combo. Perhaps something that I can build in an undercabinet way.

I saw the follett 7 series but they look like over kill for what I want. This seems like it would be a more popular thing that people would want in their homes but I can't find much.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The 7 Series by Follett is really the cheapest version out there of what you are looking for. While the demand for specialty in-home ice makers is high the truth is that most people aren't prepared to pay the amount that they actually cost.
Pretty much all major brands of ice machine manufacturers make ice and water dispensers (i.e. Hoshizaki, Manitowoc, Scotsman, Ice-O-Matic, etc.) If you can't find anything in an undercounter application maybe consider a counter top model? That may lower your price as well.

Don't give up though. I wish I could tell you that you will find a good deal but honestly in the time that I've worked for a kitchen equipment company I have yet to see a home ice & water dispenser for less than $1000, even when it is on sale. Look for free shipping, too. Our company is always offering free shipping on ice machines so I'm sure there are other offers out there as well.

Good luck! And if you find a reasonably priced ice & water dispenser be sure to let us know, I've been wanting one of those for ever!

    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 8:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Why not just buy a cheap fridge/freezer combo with the water and ice dispenser and put that in a pantry or utility area? You can find an inexpensive fridge for under 1K easily and it will serve as "overflow" for both your fridge and freezer and consume MUCH less electricity and water than separate dedicated units.

    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 11:40AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
Need help picking out the right appliances
Hi Im trying to decide on a slide in electric double...
Julie Hall
plumbed miele steam
i went to gaggenau showroom and the employee said that...
ge 36 inch duel fuel monogram cannot be repaired
After ten years my GE Monogram has been rendered useless,...
Best duel fuel range
If you wanted duel fuel which would you go for?
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™