Changed black cartridge -Printer not copying

wantoretire_didJanuary 23, 2014

I have an HP Officejet 4620. Have never had a problem until now. Replaced black cartridge and now can't copy - nothing shows up. Tried to copy my new car insurance ID card page with "color" and only a very faint barcode showed up in color. It will print but no black shows, only colors.

I have changed cartridges before with no problems, tho this time it did not set up to configure and scan.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azinoh

Are you using a HP cartridge? I tried once to use an off-brand one in my Officejet 4500 and it was a total waste of time.

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 6:52PM
wantoretire_did

Absolutely HP.

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 7:22PM
owbist

Try shutting down (not a restart) both the computer and the printer and then restart, computer first. Failing that try reseating the cartridge.

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 9:22PM
PKponder TX

There should be a support number or website on the box. Call HP, they have model-specific tools and tests to get it working. Also, they will replace the cartridge if it proves to be defective. There is no charge for this, even if the printer is no longer under warranty. The new HP cartridge is under it's own warranty.

Not trying to send you away, but we aren't experts and have no ability to replace the defective cartridge.

Bookmark   January 24, 2014 at 8:45AM
wantoretire_did

Thank you, the shutting down, etc. did the trick. Now why didn't I think of that??? :-)

Bookmark   January 24, 2014 at 1:30PM
owbist

The act of shutting down and then restarting seems too simple for most of us to even consider strangely. I wonder at times how much money is spent calling in tech help when a shut down will do the job.

It purges the volatile memory allowing for a clean start, glad it worked for you.

Bookmark   January 25, 2014 at 6:50AM
More Discussions
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Video playing automatically
I have Flash disabled yet still get videos playing,...
davestexas
Someone have a link for free Chrome browser?
I have been having troubles downloading files from...
shaddy101
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™