NXR range review... so far we love it!

staceyneilJune 28, 2009

We purchased a Durocorp NXR DGRB3001 all-gas range for about $1800. It is a 30" with the sleeker handle and vertical knob panel. We had it converted to LPG at the factory. It was installed a few days ago and so far we are VERY happy with it.

We were looking for a high-powered range, all-gas or dual-fuel, stainless industrial look. We did not have the budget for Wolf, Viking, etc. Considered Capitol, American, Bluestar, Bertazzoni. We ruled some out when we decided we wanted sealed burners, and the Bertazzoni's oven was just way too small. We compared the Capitol and NXR side by side and much preferred the burners on the NXR, as well as the price!

It has 4x 15k BTU stacked burners, they are gorgeous. The oven interior is blue enamel, with beefy racks. Fit and finish is similar to Capitol, and less refined than Wolf, Viking, especially Bertazzoni et al. But very nice looking, solid range.

So far it has proven marvelous to cook on.

Our gas man (who works on lots of high-end ranges) was very impressed with it.

So far no problems whatsoever. For people looking for a great look and great performance without the usual high pricetag, I'd recommend considering a NXR. (Be aware that this range is actually 30" wide, not the usual 29 7/8" that regular stoves are, so plan accordingly when installing cabinetry.)

Please excuse the unfinished kitchen!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
guadalupe

The metro market is now catching on to the NXR ranges, good performance no problems great price

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 8:50AM
chara_ct

Great update - I'm thinking about one for when I finally redo my kitchen.

I hope you'll post finished photos of the kitchen but in the meantime would you tell me what cabinets you have? They are beautiful.

Thanks.

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 5:11PM
staceyneil

Thanks chara ct!

My cabinets are American cherry with a natural finish (no stain). They are made by Glenwood http://www.glenwoodkitchen.com/, which is a small-ish cabinet company in Canada. I live in Maine and one of our local kitchen stores carries the line. The quality for the price is truly amazing. They also use "green" materials like no-formaldehyde glues and boards and low VOC waterbased finishes, which was important to me. I think the knobs and pulls arrive today- I can't wait!

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 7:51AM
odiegirl13

I just wanted to check in with you Stacey and see if you were still happy with your purchase. I think my budget has room for stone countertops OR a Bluestar but not both. We are coming from a downdraft electric coil cooktop with only 3 working burners. Anything would probably be a big improvement!

Bookmark   August 13, 2009 at 8:20PM
roxy63

Is the NXR oven gas convection or electric?

Bookmark   July 25, 2010 at 2:28AM
Cooking_Mama8

It's been more than two years. I'm also interested in knowing if you are still happy with the stove.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:36PM
Nunyabiz1

Cooking mama

she answered that question a few days ago here.
5th from the bottom

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0111540830839.html?74

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™