Flawed toilet lid - ask plumber to replace?

EngineerChicJune 26, 2012

One of the toilets was installed today (yay!) and the tank lid has an area that isn't glazed well. It's on the side that faces into the room, as opposed to against the wall.

So, the plumber purchased the toilet. If I had bought it I would bring the lid back to HD or Lowes and get a new one. However, we are in the home stretch on this remodel. And it doesn't affect the function of the unit, just the cosmetics. I could buy a new one for $45 at HD, too.

Is there any standard for how picky is TOO picky? Any thoughts?

TIA,

E-Chic

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xand83

Call up the toilet MFR and let them know the issue. You might be surprised. They might just send you out a new lid free of charge. Might give that a go first.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:53PM
phylhl

Agreed. Maybe ask the plumber if he noticed the imperfection? If he did not, then take a "let's notify the manufacturer" approach "that there is a defect and we what they will do". He should have examined it before accepting.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 1:38PM
EngineerChic

Thanks! I will try that. Even with the flawed lid it's much prettier than the Toto we put in the master bath (needed a 10" rough in). But some say the Toto flushes better. We won't know until we put. Doors back on the bathrooms (after I paint them).

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 6:45PM
kirkhall

What 10" rough in toto did you pick?

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 7:21PM
EngineerChic

It's a drake. It looks fine, it looks normal. It's just not as "pretty" in my eyes as the American Standard Townsend in the hall bath. But it was actually less expensive than the Kohler or other Am Std I was considering.

Also, we see it straight on (committed the sin of placing the toilet directly opposite the door) where in the hall bath you see the Am Std from the side.

I'm putting a RH train rack over the toilet, though, so maybe that will draw the eyes up toward the pretty shiny thing & away from the toilet.

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 7:21AM
More Discussions
Bathtub width - Kohler Archer?
I am looking for a bathtub that has a deeper soak (my...
lineterry
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
No showrooms for bathtubs and can't decide.
We are at the point to where we HAVE to make a decision...
lachase
Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror
Hi All, I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration...
isb182
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™