Window color

deee_gwMay 30, 2012

We are doing a remodel but I know many of you are very window savvy so I hope you can help.

We were all set to order the prefinished white Anderson 400s. Then I looked at a color sample and realized the Anderson white reads really gray in my house. The color will be fine for the exterior. I could order white exterior and pine interior and have my contractor paint. But, then the window grids will have to be two different colors (removeable) or not match the interior.

Am I making a bigger deal of this than I should? Or should I look for a brand that has a prefinished white that is compatible with the rest of my house?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ILoveRed

I have the Andersen 400s in my house (lots of them). Yet, I did not want my trim to be a grayish white. My trim is SW Creamy. They do not "match" and it does not bother me.

If you try to match all of the whites in your house it will drive you batty.

The Andersen 400s have a very nice prefinished painted surface. Personally, I would do my best to avoid having to have them painted.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 3:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

pretty much everybodies white is slightly off as white is actually not a true color.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
Window Trim
I found the attached picture, and like the window trim...
burbmomoftwo
Interior Doors - any experience with this company?
Does anyone have any experience with solidhardwooddoors.com...
numbersjunkie
Anyone have experience with Dow's Thermawrap R5.0?
We are in the planning stages of building a home in...
mmdoh
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
houserookie
Would you give this to the architect - take 2?
I posted a floor plan last week to get input before...
boonieshome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™