Hydroban on Hardibacker Question
How do I use Hydroban on my hardibacker for my tub (with tile flange) installation? I have seen Mongoct's illustration on using Kerdi, in his post that I have linked to below. But I was planning on using the paint on waterproofing membrane for my walls surrounding my alcove tub.
I've read somewhere (?) that after setting the tub to the studs:
1) install hardibacker down onto the top of the flange,
2) run a bead of silicone between the hardibacker and the tile flange,
3) apply the hydroban to the hardibacker and down over the silicone and onto the tile flange,
4) then tile over this waterproof membrane, keeping tile up off of the tub a smidge, using spacers,
5) later, using caulk to seal that junction between the tub and tile.
So, any corrections to this plan?
OR should I use Kerdi to cover my wainscot area around my tub before tiling? If Kerdi is recommended I think the post that I've linked to is very instructive.
Thanks for your time in reading this post:)
Here is a link that might be useful: Kerdi Shower Part Deux