Gas Leak Emergency
The following post is in-regards to a major Appliance Design failure.
I came home yesterday and walked in to the overwhelming smell of Natural Gas ( Mercaptan ). My wife was home and had not smelled the Natural Gas due to a lack of a smelling sensors.
I got her out of the house and into fresh air and then went back in to open all of the windows. I then put all of our fans in doorways to suck the Natural Gas out of our home.
This was very scary and had the potential for killing my wife. Apparently she was cleaning the stove-top and had inadvertently turned a knob and it turned past the electronic ignition clicking and just continued to pour Natural Gas into our home for 2 hours.
Our Stove / Oven is about 3 years old and is a GE and the stove-top igniters work fine as does the oven.
Shouldn't there be a safety device that would prevent that from happening?