OT: Suggestion

creekdwellerOctober 7, 2011

I am so guilty of buying things all year for differant Holidays and then when it is time to decorate, I have no idea what I have or where.

I have an idea. As I buy things, take pictures of the new items and put them in differant holiday albums so we will know what we have to decorate with.

Just his past week, I have found three metal christmas trees like someone posted just recently. I had no idea I had three, I knew when I saw the one, that I had one like it but not three!!

You folks have probably already discussed and done this, I'm just behind.

Now if I can remember which program and folder I put the pictures in. LOL

Creek

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Pictures are always good ... locations change too much around in my house (too much) for me! Congrats on having 3 metal trees ...will be fun to see how you decorate them! LOL! I keep pics in Photobucket & on my computer, each yr I save them to a memory card. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 7, 2011 at 8:41PM
Purplemoon

Creek, I seem to be the Queen of Losing Holiday Decor right now. And like you, I buy all thru the year and with no way to store it properly with other things, sure causes me problems later on. But I ALWAYS take photos. Partly to show the gang here, and partly to remind myself what I bought. I set up an album in Photobucket (private) for New Holiday Purchases.
And last year I made myself a list of where I stored my decorations, tho it didn't seem to help me much this past week when I "lost" the huge bin of Fall stuff. Tho my list was correct, it was just ME that didn't find it where I said it was. LOL. But I think it would be a real good idea in the future if I also listed where I put the new items! Photobucket has the description area under each picture, so that might be perfect spot for 'notes to myself'.

I am looking forward to seeing your metal trees. Hope you are doing ok, and we see more of you here again.
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   October 8, 2011 at 1:49AM
nana2010_gw

Thanks for the tips Creek, I've bee using bins that you can see through and writing which holiday they are for in very large letters, that helps some. I just have to be sure to keep bins for each holiday together. I need remember to take more pictures to avoid getting duplicates.
Nana

Bookmark   October 8, 2011 at 9:19AM
phonegirl

Creek, that is a good idea but I'm on the computer all day so don't always want to spend more time on here for important things like this.LOL So far I just have several different colored totes for the different Holidays and that works.

Punk

Bookmark   October 8, 2011 at 11:39PM
More Discussions
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
Valentine Decor
It was a little crazy decorating this year for Valentine's...
phonegirl
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™