Need insert hood with inline blower

gleapmanJune 27, 2012

Trying to track down all brands available in the US that offer 30-inch or narrower insert/power pack type undercabinet range hoods with an inline blower. Found models from Broan (RMPE7004) and Thermador (VCI29CS). Done a ton of research but think there are exotic brands out there I've missed.

What I'd really like to find is if anyone sells a US model of the Blanco Australia hood model RUL70X - see link below. The blower is built in, but takes up only as much cabinet space as the ducts on most hoods. Haven't seen anything like it in the US. Looks like a wall hood adapted for in-cabinet use.

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco AU RUL70X

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill102

See the link below

Bill

Here is a link that might be useful: try this

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 4:26PM
gleapman

Bill - Thanks. First I've seen that does custom sizes. May be rather pricey though. Unfortunately the smallest inline blower they sell is >800 cfm. We need to keep it under 600 or the inspector will require make-up air. But if we run out of options I may contact them to see if they can use a smaller blower from a different manufacturer.

Jon

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 7:38PM
davidro1

fantech.net sells blowers that do 600 CFM and less. It is possible for you to buy from a distributor who has a business relationship with fantech, but not from fantech directly. As luck would have it, the company that bill102 linked you to above is a fantech distributor, and can get the fan you want for your custom hood. Hope you understand that this solves all your problems.

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
Anyone have experience with Ad Mark (eBay) appliance dealer?
Am considering buying Gagg induction cooktop + combi...
myniyer
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Unnecessary drama with Miele dishwasher...
The salt/softener tank on my ten-year-old Miele Incognito...
howardgee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™