Motorized Damper for Range Hood Duct?

TakkoneJune 1, 2012

I'm having a 1200 CFM range hood installed. It will get vented straight up through the roof. The roof cap will have a passive flap to prevent air from coming down the vent, but that's about it. Should I put another flap, motorized or passive somewhere in the line? It is going to be a very short run because the ceiling is only 7.5' tall on that side of the house and the roof is right above (no attic).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Normally 1 damper is enough, I guess you could put an in-line passive damper in as well.

    Bookmark   June 1, 2012 at 10:39AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
Dishwasher with cutlery tray and heated dry?
I seem to be coming up fairly empty handed with these...
do we like capital ranges
capital ranges ?
Jen & Scott Lehr
Sponsored Products
New Real Ivory Chobi Peshawar 12' Round Hand Knotted Pakistani Wool Rug H3781
BH Sun Inc
Aizen Wall Sconce by Varaluz
$149.00 | Lumens
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Well Woven Rugs Barclay Terrazzo Ivory 2
$35.97 | Home Depot
Fan Downrods by Quorum International
$6.50 | Lumens
Alvin 42 inch Onyx Adjustable Drafting Table - ONX40-4
$102.96 | Hayneedle
WAC Modern Forms | Dune 16 Inch LED Ceiling Light
$299.00 | YLighting
Besa Lighting | Tamburo 16v2 Ceiling Light
$715.50 | YLighting
American Drew Antiqua Table Set - ADL4067
$745.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™