Undercounter Beverage Center (Perlick vs. Liebherr)

PhronesisJune 10, 2013

Liebherr vs. Perlick.....any reason to prefer the Perlick given that it's significantly more expensive?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nycbluedevil

People here seem to really like Perlick and my impression is that it is well-made and quiet. My neightbors have the Liebherr and like it.

That said, I went with a Uline because I needed the flush handle and didn't want to spend a lot of money on the wine fridge. Miele was the only other option at more than twice the price. So this is a little like your situation.

I really like the Uline. This is the only item in my kitchen where I compromised at all due to price and I think I did just fine.

Which is just by way of saying, I am not sure this is an item where the extra cost is justified. But that's just my own POV.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 11:00AM
dodge59

You can get a good deal on the Perlicks, (2nd's). Do a search for Perlick at the bottom of the main appliance page, to see how to get one.

Gary

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 4:06PM
repac

dodge59 is correct--you can get a great deal on Perlick seconds. We bought a Perlick Factory Second beverage frig. It was a "second" because of a dent in the back of the frig. Perlick made the whole process easy. Only thing is that it doesn't have the same warranty as new. The frig works great--extremely quiet, love the full extension shelves, keeps temp well. You just have to have the time to wait until the frig you need might be on the seconds list. See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perlick Factory Seconds

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 11:09PM
Phronesis

Yeah, I know about the Perlick seconds. Even with the discounts, they're still more expensive than a new Liebherr. This makes it even more difficult.

I do realize that many many people don't even know about Perlick or Liebherr and are very happy with whatever they end up with. This is a situation where too much information is making me think there's a wrong decision when probably there isn't.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 8:37AM
Ironwoman1212

I am deciding between a U-line and Perlick. Two primary concerns: quiet, and able to chill beer to very cold. Husband is very sensitive to noise. Old u-line we have in basement is very noisy. Is 10 years old, just wondering if they have improved.

Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 3:25PM
PRO
trevorlawson

If you want very cold beer go for either the Perlick refrigerator or Liebherr refrigerator.

The temp in a refrigerator is lower than that of beverage centers.

I feel the Liebherr is way better value.

Bookmark   November 22, 2014 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Need help with appliance choices, layout critique
Hey all. We have a preliminary kitchen plan attached. I...
jennifer2413
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
Sponsored Products
Vintage Hammered Beverage Dispenser With Scroll Style Stand
Classic Hostess
Reed and Barton Cabria Picture Frame - 9446
$40.00 | Hayneedle
KingsBottle Black 21-can Compressor Mini Bar Fridge
Overstock.com
Smooth Tapered Copper Beverage Tub
Signature Hardware
Rectangle w/ORB Widespread Fct
PLFixtures