Towel Warmer - would you buy online? Recommendations

winesnobJune 5, 2012

I want to buy a Myson towel warmer, the prices online are so much cheaper than in the plumbing stores but there are some scary post on efaucets and some others. Do you have a recommendation and should I just pay more and get at local store?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasuretheday

We purchased all of our plumbing fixtures and faucets for our masterbath reno from a local plumbing supply store. As commercial property owners, we did have an advantage of a contractors' discount but on a couple of occasions, including for our Runtal Solea towel warmer, I asked and they agreed to match a lower price that I found on the internet. I personally feel ok about asking them if they are willing to match prices. Our rule of thumb is that if the local brick & mortar's price is within about 10%, we'll buy from them, particularly if I have shopped there for the item or received customer service prior to the purchase.

Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a towel warmer via the internet as long as it was a trusted vendor with a reasonable return policy. Keep an eye on the shipping charges, if any, because towel warmers are pretty heavy!

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 5:09PM
bill_vincent

I actually posted this to the wrong thread, first time around!!! LOL

We have one that's a "stand alone" piece and actually plugs in, rather than being hardwired. My wife and I bought it at a yard sale last summer, still new in a sealed box. It gets used as a towel bar now.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 7:28PM
weedyacres

We bought ours (Warmrails Kensington) from Amazon. No problems.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Bathtub width - Kohler Archer?
I am looking for a bathtub that has a deeper soak (my...
lineterry
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Replacement parts for Restoration Hardware Pivot Mirror
Hi All, I have a 24x30 rectangular pivot restoration...
isb182
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™