Towel Warmer - would you buy online? Recommendations

winesnobJune 5, 2012

I want to buy a Myson towel warmer, the prices online are so much cheaper than in the plumbing stores but there are some scary post on efaucets and some others. Do you have a recommendation and should I just pay more and get at local store?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasuretheday

We purchased all of our plumbing fixtures and faucets for our masterbath reno from a local plumbing supply store. As commercial property owners, we did have an advantage of a contractors' discount but on a couple of occasions, including for our Runtal Solea towel warmer, I asked and they agreed to match a lower price that I found on the internet. I personally feel ok about asking them if they are willing to match prices. Our rule of thumb is that if the local brick & mortar's price is within about 10%, we'll buy from them, particularly if I have shopped there for the item or received customer service prior to the purchase.

Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a towel warmer via the internet as long as it was a trusted vendor with a reasonable return policy. Keep an eye on the shipping charges, if any, because towel warmers are pretty heavy!

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 5:09PM
bill_vincent

I actually posted this to the wrong thread, first time around!!! LOL

We have one that's a "stand alone" piece and actually plugs in, rather than being hardwired. My wife and I bought it at a yard sale last summer, still new in a sealed box. It gets used as a towel bar now.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 7:28PM
weedyacres

We bought ours (Warmrails Kensington) from Amazon. No problems.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
Faux Carrera on floor and in shower, what countertop?
Love the look of all marble bathrooms but I don't have...
rpk1
Console legs for wall-mount sink?
We have installed this sink in our bathroom: http://www.ybath.com/duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin.html?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_content=duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&cvosrc=pla.google.duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&gclid=CKjNlI3C08QCFYhhfgodmE8A8Q The...
lesleymatson
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Sponsored Products
JSG Oceana Bathroom Cambridge 27.5 in. Vanity in Oak with Granite Vanity Top in
Home Depot
Hudson Reed Radiant Straight Plug In Heated Towel Rail 32 x 24
Hudson Reed
Wall Mounting Glass Shelf with Brass Mounts and Rail
Overstock.com
ACF by Nameeks ACF PH06-GA Phinex 39-in. Single Bathroom Vanity Set - Glossy Ant
Hayneedle
Queen Anne's Lace Guest Towel Tray
$189.00 | FRONTGATE
Auberge Monogrammed Wash Cloth - WHITE (E)
$11.90 | Horchow
Sarma Bath Towel - CLOVER(GREEN) (BATH 30X60)
$45.00 | Horchow
Maxima Turkish Combed Cotton Hand Towel (Set of 6)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™