Purchasing appliances, where?

JeffB1974June 23, 2013

I need all new appliances. Anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase? There is always Lowes type stores but im hoping there is a cheaper option.

Thanks very much

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

What is your criteria for "cheap"? A $500 range for $300? A 5K range for 3K? Define your parameters as to what you're looking for. In general though, you can always look on Craigslist or Ebay or scratch and dent stores. The first two don't come with warranties, and the latter can be a full time past time to catch deals.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:09AM
JeffB1974

Im looking at GE cafe series or equal, so i wasnt referring to cheap appliances. I would just like to find a cheaper price on those appliances.

Is everyone just paying the prices at Lowes, HD or BB?

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 7:59AM
auroraborelis

I bought mostly Bosch appliances at AJ Mafison. I got them when Nish had a rebate, and AJ Mafison had an additional rebate. If I compare what I paid to the cost locally with taxes I saved 45%. I bought my fridge at lowes on sale, saved about 35%.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 11:16PM
Gooster

Besides the big box and the big retailers, you might consider working a package deal at a smaller retailer. They have more pricing flexibility when they are bundling items together. Many manufacturers have UMRP and other price restrictions on their authorized dealers when you are dealing with the purchase of just a single item.

Floor models and manufacturer's deals are also the way to save big. There are also a few discount retailers nationwide that I think distributors or manufacturers are using to move excess, obsolete inventory or "B" stock. YMMV with these sources.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 11:58PM
nerdyshopper

When I want a good price for an appliance, I just type tha exact model and name in a google search and wait for offers of various online vendors. I have gotten some extraordinary ones You must do it for each appliance or you could use one vendors search engine for his price on the others.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
Bosch 36 Flexinduction Cooktop - Anyone Have a User Review
I have purchased the new 36" bosch Flexinduction,...
marcmargolis926
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
Bluestar Platinum Owners - How is your Range
How is it to use the grill and griddle? ie ease of...
dzaner
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Sponsored Products
ProAire Ductless Type-B Recirculating Kit for Island Range Hoods
Signature Hardware
Bruck | Silva Down Pendant Light
$317.25 | YLighting
6" Super Sloped Non-IC Remodel Housing by Juno
$63.98 | Lumens
Boho Bird Throw Pillow
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Dualit Classic 4-slice Toaster
$339.95 | FRONTGATE
Iridescent Feather Bronze Balance Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Lauren Genuine Leather Aluminum Base Chair, Dark Grey
Zuri Furniture
Lithonia Lighting 2-Light 20 Gauge Chicago Approved White Emergency Light ELTC62
$94.97 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™