Software to completely remove SaveSense?

IlikecatsJanuary 9, 2014

Hello. I was trying to remove a program from my laptop. It started showing me messages and advertisements and I didn't want that. The program is called SaveSense. I tied to remove it from Control Panel, but it wasn't that easy.. it was still there. So I did a little search and I googled it and I found some more detailed information about how to remove it properly. So I did the steps shown here http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/savesense-removal-guide
But the program they recommend is unknown to me and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do. Should I download it, or should I search for another one and what would be a good choice? Thank you for your time :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Aputernut13

Revo uninstaller will get rid of it and it's a free software download.

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 10:00AM
owbist

Yup Revo unninstaller will do the job. Be sure to "select all" when/if registry entries appear then click to delete before moving to next page.

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 4:08PM
DA_Mccoy

First of all select advance mode. Then as O reports be sure to select all through the entire process. Be advised REVO will first create a restore point, and then use the target application's uninstaller to initiate the removal. REVO will then continue on from there. I suggest using CCleaner's registry tool as a follow up after REVO as it is not uncommon for CC to find an orphan entry missed by REVO. When doing so only remove the entries pertaining to the target application.

DA

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 7:57PM
Richard (chuggerguy)

Welcome to the site Ilikecats. :) "... the program they recommend is unknown to me and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do. Should I download it ..."

In my opinion, no. Just take a look at the WOT rating of xp-vista.com

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/xp-vista.com

and the source of the software Spyhunter that they(xp-vista.com) promote

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/enigmasoftware.com

By the way, in addition to the advice given above, I would recommend using the WOT Firefox add-on. It won't catch everything, but might have helped in this case.

**SPAM?**

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 9:12PM
Ilikecats

Thank you all for the help!! You guys are awesome :))

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
Firefox too much security? frequent blocking
I continue to have problems with Firefox blocking and...
jerry_nj
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
Only free amti-malware? I was told the purchased stuff NG.
I looked for advice a few days back on purchased maintenance/anti-malware...
jerry_nj
Is this screen for real or is it a virus
On multiple sites I am getting a message at the top...
paulsmth2
System Notification To Defrag Drive C
Howdy. Win7/IE8/Desktop/AVG. This morning on boot...
candler
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™