Pheasant Buffet

excessfroufrouOctober 6, 2010

He's not under-glass or even edible, but here is my buffet decorated with one of the pheasants that I borrowed from a friend. I got the gourd basket this year at a TS and the wire hurricane and glass grape garland at GSs.

Frou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

That gourd basket is wonderful, frou! I am loving it on your buffet along with the wire hurricane! Very "Fall-ish" colors in that beautiful fabric that you layered beneath everything. Ah, well, the pheasant certainly looks like the "live" ones that visit our acreage...they are a beautiful, beautiful bird. TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 4:19PM
christmascandy

Fabulous display. How sweet of your friend to loan you the pheasant. It really does make the arrangement.
You have perfectly captured the essence of fall.

If you get tired of that gourd basket, I could probably make room for it at my house, LOL

TFS,
Candy

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 4:27PM
Purplemoon

What great finds on the wire hurricane, gourd basket, and glass garland. It all looks terrific in your arrangement.
The pheasant is so handsome, I am trying to pretend he is a faux one tho, I'm too soft-hearted in regards to hunting.
It was nice of your friend to let you use him. The true beauty of this pheasant will be admired here.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 5:31PM
valleymagpie

Frou,

What a wonderful pheasant and environment you've built around him. I especially love the grass in your basket. I also like the pumpkins and especially the buffet that I can get a peek of. It's just the best setting for your arrangement.

- Magpie

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 5:43PM
oldalgebra

Wow! He's one proud bird! I love wire anything, so you know I love the hurricane. I like all your layering.

Tell us, is the buffet something that was in your family. It's very handsome.

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 6:58PM
luvstocraft

Very nice fall arrangement Frou. I'm loving that gourd basket with all the pretty leaves in it, and your wire one was a great find too. I'm with Karen--pretending that pretty pheasant is ceramic and not stuffed! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   October 7, 2010 at 12:37AM
excessfroufrou

Thanks everyone for being so sweet, in particular about the real pheasant. OA, we purchased the buffet about 20 years ago at an auction. It was solid black with newspapers glued to the top and had a piece of one of the doors missing. But. it was only $25.00, so DH worked a little magic and wa-la. The bottom holds a TV for the sunroom and the drawers, stacks of tablecloths and napkins.
Frou

Bookmark   October 7, 2010 at 10:07AM
lynninnewmexico

Frou, first of all I want to say how much I love your buffet. Please tell your DH, we think he did an amazing job a refinishing it! I really like your beautiful Autumn display on it and am lusting after your wire basket. Love the grape garland on the buffet lamps, too!
Lynn

Bookmark   October 7, 2010 at 10:23AM
jaybird

That is beautiful...every thing in the picture is great, but the buffet is magnificent! Kudo's to your miracle worker!
Thanks for posting,
J

Bookmark   October 7, 2010 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
bumping up links to our Inspiration Albums
http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2812708/inspiration-pictures-reminder...
Purplemoon
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
Mardi Gras Breakfast
Getting ready for tomorrow. For more information and...
oldalgebra
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Sponsored Products
Teak Round Side Table
Fifthroom.com
Lofty Sideboard
Dot & Bo
Robert Abbey Triple Gourd Tea Brown Ceramic Buffet Lamp
Lamps Plus
Nautical Boat Cabinet
$69.99 | zulily
Simple Living Montego Two-door Buffet
Overstock.com