Help! Building a house (Pulte) and have to choose appliances

AaronAZJune 7, 2012

We are having Pulte build us a house and have to choose appliances (no way to get the kitchen without them).

At the bottom would be a Whirlpool 36" gas cooktop which I would then probably replace after close with a Wolf, but if I do that then I would only have room for a single wall oven and would be limited to buying a standard freestanding refrigerator after close.

At the other end, I can upgrade the kitchen to a Kitchenaid 48" dual-fuel range and still have the room for a single wall oven and that would give me the space for a 48" built-in refrigerator. In this case I would have to obviosuly keep the Kitchenaid 48" range.

We don't have any options to modify the cabinets so that I could have the cooktop, room for a 48" refig, and double wall ovens :(.

What are everyone's thoughts? My wife really wants multiple ovens and the 48 inch built-in frig but neither of us are that keen on the thought of spending $$$ for a Kitchenaid 48" range. Thanks!

Aaron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
philwojo

If you don't need full size ovens as secondary one's you can consider speed or steam ovens or even a convection microwave. They will give you another option for an oven, though in a smaller format that you might be able to work in to the mix.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 9:11AM
More Discussions
New cooktop slightly smaller than old cutout in granite
I have a 36 " gas cooktop in my granite countertop...
chirs1
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
54" Zephyr Monsoon II vs. Best by Broan 54" Potenza - Clear Winner??
GW, Ahhh - my favorite place to be the past 12 months...
Andrew K.
Need a second oven/micro combo for island installation/under counter
We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen and were...
ksdeclue
ELECTROLUX ICON FREESTANDING DUAL-FUEL RANGE or KITCHEN AID
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
AreBe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™