i need a bath mat safe for re-glazed bath tub!!!

kellycalJune 15, 2012

We recently had our bathtub re-glazed. Not sure how it will wear, but I have two very young kids and need to bathe them in this tub. The guy who did the job seems to be having trouble recommending a specific mat for me to buy. I was told no suction cups. I prefer to leave a mat in there and only remove it once or twice every two weeks to clean the tub.

Right now it's very slick and slippery. Any advice is appreciated.

On a side note there are some small dark pin size holes in the bottom - is this a concern? Should they be addressed or filled in somehow by the guy who did the reglazing? We just had it done last week.

Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

I don't know about the dots that are appearing, but I wondered, since you want to leave the mat down, if you can't find one without suction cups, if these might be a good alternative?

Here is a link that might be useful: non skid appliques for tub

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 2:24AM
writersblock

>On a side note there are some small dark pin size holes in the bottom - is this a concern? Should they be addressed or filled in somehow by the guy who did the reglazing? We just had it done last week.

Absolutely you need to call them back. This sounds like the first stage of failure for the new finish, I'm sorry to say.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 12:01PM
dedtired

My old reglazed tub was very slippery, although I never used a mat. I think just a rubber mat w/o suction cups would work. I don't think mine had any dots in the finish. It lasted a good long time until I could remodel.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 7:28PM
lyleholmen

I used a peel and stick bathtub mat like they use in hotels. It was approved by my refinisher. I got mine at Safetybathmat.com. I love it. No more slimmy bath mats with suction cups. Much classier than stickers.

1 Like    Bookmark   February 13, 2015 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
encaustic tile install?
I've fallen in love with these tiles but am completely...
daisychain01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™