Is stove required to close on a house?

135deepaJune 9, 2012

We are building new house through builder. The appliance options builder has are whirlpool, kitchen aid, jenn air. But we want to do subzero Wolf appliances after closing.

Is the stove required to close on the house? We are putting 25-30 % down on 15-30 yr loan ( not decided yet on 15 or 30 year term)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Can't tell you about a new house, but my inspector for my whole house reno required that my rangetop be installed for final inspection before we moved back into the house.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 2:55AM
davidahn

A bank will not sign off on a loan on an uninhabitable nor an unmarketable/unsaleable home (unless they are unaware of it). And a home without a functioning kitchen is not habitable.

David

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 4:11AM
lee676

Usually, best to get the cheapest, standard appliances the builder gives you, and buy the upgrades yourself and put the builder appliances on craigslist. Builders usually charge an arm an a leg for appliance upgrades, and this one obviously has some sort of contract with Whirlpool (which makes about a dozen other brands including Maytag, Jenn-Air, and Kitchenaid), so they'll probably have to pay more to get SZ/Wolf. But you can ask.

Do verity that the appliances you want will fit in your space; or will if you remove a cabinet or two.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 8:18AM
mydreamhome

In our area, you can close on a house without a range, refrigerator, and sometimes even a dishwasher. Another option is to have the builder credit you the appliance allowance and you just take care of it yourself either before or after you get the CO and before the bank's final inspection.

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Need help picking out the right appliances
Hi Im trying to decide on a slide in electric double...
Julie Hall
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
Regret buying Kitchenaid double ovens...should I go with Bosch?
Newbie here...we are planning a remodel and I ordered...
lavalocks19
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™