Mixing composite counters with Calcutta/Carrara tile?

PipdogJune 19, 2012

Our flooring is going to be Calcutta marble hex tiles (2 inch) and our shower will have marble subway. I'm thinking of pairing a white or cream Caesarstone vanity with that combo. For maintenance reasons, I'm reluctant to put a Calcutta slab on our bathroom vanities as two young kids under 3 will be using this bathroom. My husband feels that we should go with a Calcutta slab for our double vanity, but I know that thing would be etched up in days, given the way we live. I've seen a few photos of bathrooms with composite vanities that have marble tile on the floors or in the shower and would love to hear stories or see photos. Does anyone have thoughts on pairing a natural stone with a composite? will it look strange?

I found this photo which appears to be Caesarstone with a tile which is similar coloring to ours. However, I am concerned with hex tiles (which are more traditional), this look is going to be too modern.

Here is the hex flooring we are going with:

and our shower tile:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

Don't you think that the more classic look you want would be achieved by the way you style your counter/faucets/vanity? Instead of the sleek contemporary bath you showed, it could be more like this:

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 12:50PM
More Discussions
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Seeking Skirted Toilet with Good "Water Spot"
I am replacing an old toilet that was one of the early-generation...
sahmmy_gw
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™