Windsor Windows vs. Jeld Wen

daisy71May 30, 2012

Hi,

We are building a new home and are trying to cut our budget on exterior doors and windows (I have a lot of them in our plans so it adds up). My GC suggested to switch from Jeld Wen to Windsor Windows to save. I am not able to find a lot of reviews of Windsor. What is the general consensus? Is Jeld Wen regarded as more qualitative than Windsor? What is the experience of those that have installed Windsor in their homes?? Is there any other brand I should consider that would be both qualitative and cheaper than Jeld Wen?

Hope someone can help me make this huge decision!!!

Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Personally neither brand is very good in my honest opinion. I have no idea where your building or what material you would you would like your windows made of or what type of windows your using but you may want to look at Integrity by Marvin (Fiberglass). These may be out of your budget as well but they are about the least expensive I would recommend. You may want to post this in the window forum and possible someone else may offer a suggestion as well but windows are not a place I would suggest looking to cut the budget.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 12:54PM
WindsorWindows

Hi Daisy71,

We understand that purchasing windows for your home is a big investment and it is important that you make the right decision. Our director of sales, Scott Renke, has worked both at Jeld Wen and now at Windsor and knows both products very well. He'd be happy to answer any questions and provide a detailed comparison for you to help you with your decision. You can get in contact by calling 1-800-283-339 and we'll direct you to him.

Thanks and good luck!
The team at Windsor Windows

Here is a link that might be useful: Windsor Windows

Bookmark   June 1, 2012 at 1:13PM
WindsorWindows

***Correct number is 1-800-283-3399.

Thank you!

Bookmark   June 1, 2012 at 1:14PM
millworkman

SMH, unbelieveable

Bookmark   June 1, 2012 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
Modifying Master Bedroom Entry
This plan includes a nice hallway that runs across...
burbmomoftwo
How to cut back on cost
We have 6 kids, 4 still at home. We want a large house...
mommabearof5
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
Purchasing Items during build?
For those who have gone through the building process...
njbuilding143
Ventless fireplace
I know there is a fireplace section on the forum, but...
okla1706
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™