Corral a handheld shower hose

Dor31June 14, 2012

I'm installing a standard handheld shower along side of our new soaking tub, which is in an alcove with about a 1" deck on the front. We have a separate shower, so I don't expect it to be used from a bracket. It would be hand held for use seated in the tub, standing in the tub to rinse, or seated on a seat just outside of the tub.

The hose is a problem - how to be able to reach it from a seated position in the tub, without having it dangle all over. I'm wondering if it can be coiled on some kind of bracket on the tub deck, easily reached from inside. Or a bracket low on the wall. Does anything work well for holding a coiled hose?

Ideas? Any conventional or unconventional idea is welcome!

Thanks - Doris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Have you already bought it? Some handhelds are made to be installed on the top of the tub deck like this one.

    Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 7:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes, I did consider the deck-mounted option. It looks really classy and convenient. But I'm told that none of these have the hard massage action I wanted, and that the hoses are too short for the flexibility of use we're looking for. So we have ordered a standard hand-held.

Thanks - Doris

    Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 9:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It should be easy enough to buy a deck mounted hand held and switch out the shower head with the massage head you want . You can switch out the hoses too if you find the one it comes with isn't long enough.

    Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 9:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Good idea, but we're too far along, and don't have tub deck space. What I'm really looking for is some gadget that does a good job of holding a coiled shower hose. We'd put it on the side of the very narrow tub deck, mounted on the tile. Has anyone found some kind of hook, or whatever, that holds it well but releases easily for use? A plus if it looks great, too! (Fixtures are chrome, contemporary.)

Thanks a bundle - Doris

    Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 12:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Where is the hose inlet? Where it attaches to the water. It's hard (for me) to picture what you mean. And when you say coiled, you just mean the metal part of the hose is a coiled material, not coiled as in wound up in a circle, right?

    Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 1:31PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
108 year old claw foot tub stamped HYS
I've been having a very hard time trying to identify...
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
Sponsored Products
Royal Garden Blue Shower Curtain
$34.99 | zulily
Danze Sirius Tub and Shower Trim Kit - Brushed Nickel
Modern Bathroom
Shower Parts Brass PVD Brass Shower Arm Part
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
Chrome Concealed Thermostatic Triple Shower Valve & Diverter 3 Outlets
Hudson Reed
Solid-colored Loop Twist 100-percent Cotton 20 x 32 Bath Rug
Washed Ashore Shower Curtain
| Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™