Range Selection Help Needed

mattiewJune 10, 2014

We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen and because of our neighborhood price point feel we should select a higher end range. We are basic cooks and want something that is reliable and easy to use. We prefer a range 40-48" wide and due to layout limitations would like 2 ovens (trying to avoid wall ovens). We probably want sealed burners. I'm drawn to iLVE, Lacanche, and Bertazzoni for their form but am unsure how easy they are to use (I've seen an iLVE and Bertazzoni). Are there any less expensive options I'm overlooking? Many of the ranges seem too "professional" looking or are overwhelming.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soonermagicmama

I have cooked on a Bertazzoni for 7+ years. The burners and especially the oven are tricky to light. The oven is down-right difficult to light. I have an all-gas, so know nothing about the newer dual-fuel Berta and ease of lighting that. The burners have served me very well. No complaints at all in cooking on the top of the range. The oven has not been as pleasant an experience. The oven seal broke several times. The handle has come loose repeatedly. The temperature is off in the oven, even though service has come to calibrate (or whatever the technical term would be) a couple of times. I'm embarking on a kitchen reno this week at another home and I am not even considering another Berta.

Bookmark   June 10, 2014 at 5:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mattiew

SoonerMagicMama - thank you, thank you for the review!!! I noticed the handle was loose in the showroom which made me question the durability, looks like this one is off the list.

Bookmark   June 10, 2014 at 9:58AM
More Discussions
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™