alternate carrara-look tile?

cottonpennyJune 9, 2012

AO catarina and Daltile navelli star are not available right now. Poop.

My flooring store gave me a sample of some off brand. The pattern is ok but the pattern doesn't go all the way to the edges of the tile and I don't like that.

Any other good alternatives??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pentimento

GW member VictoriaElizabeth used a nice one; it's Peronda Museum, 18x18, polished, porcelain, bianca carrara. You can read more about it on her gw post titled "My Marble Tile Lookalike Recommendation". I've posted a link to it below. The tile has subtle grey veining which I think is elegant. I'm sure there are other good choices out there too; best of luck in your search.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peronda Museum bianca carrara

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 6:26PM
cottonpenny

Thanks. I saw Victoria's post and her tile is unquestionably goreous! I forgot to mention I am looking for a honed look though.

any other ideas?

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 10:42AM
sserra85

Iris US Marmi Statuario.. available in honed and polished. Porcelanosa also has a few.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 1:41PM
kmcg

Home Depot has a 12x12 and I think 18x18 honed ceramic that looks pretty good to me. I think on the website the manufacturer is called US Tile, but I found it in the store.

I went to the DalTile showroom today and brought home a sample of Navelli Star, which is still available. As people said when comparing the AO Catarina with the Navelli, the Home Depot tile was cooler - sort of more blue - while the Navelli seemed slightly creamier. As far as veining, they are almost identical.

I also visited American Olean, and the distribution center in Seattle just sold the last of the Catarina Coliseum about a week ago :(

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 8:15PM
cottonpenny

I've been told the Daltile isn't available either by 2 places...

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:52PM
writersblock

Yes, the Navelli is gone from their website, has been for about the same length of time that the AO Catarina has been gone from the AO site.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 10:07PM
deedles

I'm choosing American Olean Carrera in polished porcelain for our shower. The sample is quite beautiful. Not sure if there is a honed but it'd be worth checking out...

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 8:24PM
drewem

In a different post I said we were choosing AO Catarina for our Master Bath. It's a new build, and won't be ready until late spring next year. I asked the designer, and she said that yes, it is discontinued, but AO is making a different version and we will be okay. So, don't know if that's helpful or not, but seems like AO will have a new product soon.

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 10:36AM
gam51

I ordered some today from a local floor store. They were able to get the 12x12 out of Dallas. Said they had 3000 SF left... I only took 85 so there should still be some :). I wanted 18x18 but went with the smaller because I love this tile.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 7:28PM
More Discussions
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
encaustic tile install?
I've fallen in love with these tiles but am completely...
daisychain01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™