Kuppersbusch Combi Speed Oven

kaysdMay 26, 2011

Has anyone here used this oven? I am wondering how it compares to the Miele speed ovens. I need a 24" unit, so Advantium is out. I thought I would have to buy Miele at $2000 or $2900 for a 24" model, but the Kuppersbusch unit is $1,700 and seems to have similar features.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oven

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NYChelen

It looks nice but for microwaving you have to have a turntable which the Miele doesn't need.

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 12:03PM
bishop8

Funny, as I was just at the appliance store today looking at it briefly. It wasn't plugged in so I don't know how it performs, but the buttons seem fairly straightforward -- provided you spend a bit of time learning their pictograms. It never fails to surprise me how small the interiors look -- I'm referring to all speed ovens, not just this KBusch.

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 11:20PM
mojavean

They are small, for any number of unknown reasons, but ONE that is definitely true is that effective power falls off sharply as a function of distance in microwaves. Double the distance the electrons must travel to the chow and you have to quadruple the power to get the same amount of heating.

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 11:55PM
bishop8

Ironic since the GE Advantium, typically listed as one of the better speed ovens - particularly wrt the microwaving function - also has (I think) the largest cavity size!

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 3:09AM
guadalupe

The kuppersbush allows you to increase microwave power to accomodate what you are cooking and new retail is $1529.00

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 11:02AM
eister

Did anyone end up buying a Kuppersbusch Combi Speed Oven?
I would really appreciate feedback, as they still sell the EMWK 1050.1E in Canada and my cabinet needs a 24" model. The price is about half that of a Miele Speed Oven, so wondering how the Kuppersbusch Combi actually performs.
Thanks for input.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Capital Culinarian 36" 6 burner vs American Range 36" 6 burner
Live in Vancouver BC and am having trouble making the...
dz604
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™