Towel warmer dimensions that work for you?

whk1June 5, 2012

A folded towel measures about 14" x 24", so I'd think you'd need a 30" x 24" or a 16" x at least 36" towel warmer to do a good job on a pair of towels. When I look around, there are lots of 24" wide towel warmers. This sounds like a very inconvenient width to me.

I've never owned a towel warmer, so let me know what works well for you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasuretheday

We have a Runtal Solea STRE 3420 that is 33.8" x 19.7" x 5.5" in our masterbath.

We've found it to be smaller than ideal for the three towels that have been hanging on it since we started renovating our son's bathroom and he's been sharing with us. Towel warmers only warm the area of the towel that is in direct or near-direct contact. They aren't effective in warming multiple layers of a folded towel. We don't use the warmer every day (partly because we haven't hooked up the timer yet) but, when it's going to be used, we rearrange the towels so that the person's towel is fully on the warmer as they shower.

We've decided to put the 3420 in our son's/guest bath and replace it with a STRE 5420 that is 53.3" tall. That should maximize contact area, especially when we are down to using it for just two towels at a time.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 5:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

We have one that's a "stand alone" piece and actualy plugs in, rather than being hardwired. My wife and I bought it at a yard sale last summer, still new in a sealed box. It gets used as a towel bar now.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
Very Cool - New Porcelanosa Luxury Vinyl Tiles
I would love this for my walls too! And the website...
numbersjunkie
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
bathroom window
I'm getting ready to waterproof my bath/shower alcove...
spielbass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™