Need help with Master Bath vanity layout

LARemodelJune 16, 2014

I am starting to plan a master bathroom remodel and need help in making decisions about the layout. The current vanity is 21"x95"x32" (high) with dual over-mount sinks.

I would like to have two sinks and add a make-up counter, with space for a chair to slide under the counter. I'm undecided between under-mount sinks and above-counter sink (rectangular vessel type - now bowl). I may extend the vanity to 24" width - not sure about height - depends on type of sink.

I'm considering the following options for including a makeup area:
1) keep current configuration and insert makeup area between the two sinks - may be tight space
2) separate the sinks onto opposite walls and extend one vanity with a makeup area
3) separate the sinks and add a makeup area at right angle to one sink

I'm attaching pix from open house at new construction (not in my price range) in my area where makeup area is at right angles to sink. This layout seems awkward to me because sink and vanity storage would be blocked when sitting on chair - also corners usually reduce storage space. What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaynes123_gw

That was my first thought, photo looks awkward even if chair slid fully underneath - not a fan..
Much depends on your avail floorspace and wall lengths - certain styles would work better in certain bathrooms...

This was my most difficult decision and I ended up deciding on no makeup vanity, instead two very large 60" single sink vanities but I will post photos of two of my favs youve described.

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 10:42PM
jaynes123_gw

Not common but this was my favorite style with one big double sink and makeup on the end. My wall is 13ft so would be good way to make use of length but could be done on shorter wall.

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 10:44PM
jaynes123_gw

Heres another in that layout style

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 10:47PM
jaynes123_gw

This is the most popular layout with makeup in mirror I usually would see online.

Styles okay but not my prefereance although THIS example I really did love (probably swayed by my love of white cab / black top and the beautiful door view doesnt hurt).

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 10:53PM
jaynes123_gw

Sorry to hijack your thread - one more, if space is an issue thought this was a clever yet pretty option and would work well with even a more narrow closet.

I liked the idea of conviently having all my 'stuff' out / handy, and tidying up by simply closing the doors.

This post was edited by Jaynes123 on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 22:59

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 10:56PM
More Discussions
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Opinions on Water Creation Vanities??
I am strongly considering the Water Creation 72"...
likewhatyoudo
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
banjo sink? opinions?
just learned that a BANJO sink is one (or its surrounding...
mainewire
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™