Fridgedaire Affinty washer died. Yeah!!!

ppbennMay 18, 2013

Ok I've hated this thing since we installed it seven years ago. It has never really done anything wrong. It doesn't even stink and I don't even leave the door open. It really didn't get clothes very clean. We have a farm and for really dirty clothes it was not up to task.
I guess I just used it too often! Which is why it's now not spinning out any thing. At first it was just touchy. Wanting smaller and smaller loads to do it's thing. Now no spinny at all.
What should I get? Now I need a front loader for the upstairs Laundry (I designed for counter on top- it's a new build) It will not get the real cruddy stuff just normal laundry. I don't need bells and whistles at all.
Since this will be for a second laundry I'd like to keep costs down.
Is it worth it to get fixed at this point?
Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
markb

There is a forum for which to discuss all things laundry. You may wish to post your query there.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 4:21PM
ppbenn

This is about a washing machine. This is an appliance. If I have the wrong forum, my bad.
I am wondering if its worth it to fix or just buy a new one.

Bookmark   May 19, 2013 at 10:41PM
deeageaux

There is limited laundry talk here on Appliance Forum but there is a Laundry Forum.

Since Miele and Bosch discontinued their full size washers there are no great full size washer options. Especially in the Frigidaire price point.

But if your are yeahing the failure of your washer I would get a new one.

It seems GE has successfully benchmarked the currently available front load washers to make their first made in the USA front load washers, the GE RightHeight washers and dryers. I would check those out but if you are against buying first generation appliances then I would look at a Samsungs with on-board water heater.

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 2:27AM
More Discussions
hood suggestions for 36" 6 burner bluestar?
i have searched til my fingers are blue for a 36"...
lilmagil1
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
ELECTROLUX ICON FREESTANDING DUAL-FUEL RANGE or KITCHEN AID
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
AreBe
Miele Coffee Machine - CVA 6800 vs CVA 6401
The cva 6800 is m touch controls (swipe screen), CVA6401...
wcutiew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™