Can I build a home on family land where my name is not on title
I plan to pay cash for a piece of land and have only my sister's name on the deed/title. In this state, deed/title is public record and because I don't want others to know I own or live there, hence the reason I want to put it in her name. Currently she lives in another state and don't plan to be here during the construction. When there is something requiring her to sign during the construction it's not convenient to mail the paper back and forth for signature. I want to be able to handle everything without needing her signature during the construction. Is durable power of attorney or is there something else that can solve this issue? Or can I build a house without any of these because it's family land? Also after the land I have about 60% cash left for the construction. Instead of a construction loan, I'll get the other 40% from a home equity loan of the current home I own free and clear.