Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

maximavswifeOctober 4, 2012

As most of you know, DH was born and raised in Saskatchewan, Canada. Even though he is now an American citizen I still like to celebrate the holidays he grew up with. Here is my table set for Canadian Thanksgiving to be celebrated on Monday Oct. 8.

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Canadian Thanksgiving Table

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Such a nice remembrance for the Canadian holiday. Love the napkins and the centerpiece is really nice...love the mini pumpkins, etc. I've never seen those before. The wheat stalks go so well with them. Thanks for sharing such a nice table setting with us.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 9:39PM
phonegirl

Kath, what a beautiful ts to celebrate Canada's Thanksgiving Day. Great combo using the burgandy, gold and green colors on this table. Neat cp with acorns, pumpkins, wheat. Always love seeing covered pumpkin bowls. Amazing how many different styles are out there.

Great find on the dishes for only .25 each. The napkins have such a pretty design and love the colors. I would of picked them up too! All the grain has been harvested now so guess I missed out on using any for a fall scape this year.

Punk

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 10:10PM
jeannespines

Oh that is definitely a beautiful Canadian farm table, Kathe! Those deep dark brown plates are gorgeous ...& I love the covered pumpkin bowls ... the flickering of candlelight in thos goblets...so lovely! But best of all is how you built this all around those napkins! ...the centerpc & wheat in the napkins...perfect! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 6:18PM
Purplemoon

What a lovely table setting! (and I'm crazy about the table itself. Gorgeous wood on it!!) Everything is so appealing and warm and inviting.

I really think its special that you celebrate the Canadian Thanksgiving in honor of his roots.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 4:21AM
slinkey

I certainly agree with everyone here..your
Canadian Thanksgiving table is beautiful.
Love the 'inspiration napkin' and the beautiful warm
colors you picked up from it.
Pretty CP and glassware and those .25 dishes were an
amazing find.
I'm sure DH enjoyed 'his beautiful table'!
jane

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 5:04PM
party_music50

Beautiful table! I especially love the wheat centerpiece!

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 7:06PM
More Discussions
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
NOT HAPPY with this TAKE-OVER
Hate, hate, hate this has happened to our Forum. I...
Purplemoon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™