Range Hood questions.....

nyrgirl35May 1, 2014

I only have a recirculating range hood now, I'm planing to install a real one durning renovations. I will have a 36" 6 burner electrolux icon all gas range. I'm also having a wood vent hood made. I'm assuming the wood hood is just a shell and the vent I order seperate? What kind of vent do I get for this? If the wood hood is going to be 42", do I get a 36" vent or get 42" and make the wood hood a little bigger?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The insert is called an Insert. You want an insert that will fit your 42-inch hood cabinet, or you want a 42-inch insert that you have a cabinet built around. In the first case the insert might have to be custom, in the second the cabinet might have to be custom. In either case, a 42-inch wide capture aperture will be better than a 36-inch wide capture aperture.

As the first HVAC engineer put it: "There are more things in hoods and venting, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." You may wish to review the many hood topics on this forum, and/or review the material linked to at my Clippings.


    Bookmark   May 2, 2014 at 10:08AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
1200cfm oversized hood...Overkill for 30" BlueStar range?
I am getting a 30" BlueStar RNB range for my kitchen...
Ordered my BlueStar!
I ordered and paid my deposit on my BlueStar on Saturday....
Debbi Branka
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
Best dishwasher with a heated dry option?
Does anyone have recommendations for a dishwasher that...
Blue star French door ELECTRIC oven. Opinions?
looking at BS French door 30" ELECTRIC Anyone...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™