Cemplank??? What do you know about it??

cbarkstonMay 30, 2012

We clearly asked the builder for Hardiplank (at least two or three times). We got Cemplank---house is 1/2 sided right now and more is probably going up as we speak. We have a meeting with the building foreman in an hour. Don't know much of anything about Cemplank except that it's a product made by Hardie. We are pretty sure---at least as far as appearance, though we have other bigger concerns---we don't like it as much as Hardiplank. And we're also pretty sure Cemplank is a cheaper alternative to Hardiplank. What do you know about it and what would you do about it? Hardiplank isn't spelled out in the contract but it is mentioned once in the warranty book we were given...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

As far as I remember Cemplank before being purchased by Hardi was pretty much the same product but the trim was slightly different (don't remember how now). The pricing if I remember was slightly less but after being purchased by Hardi I thought the name went away so in all honesty I have no clue what the difference is today.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
houserookie
Purchasing Items during build?
For those who have gone through the building process...
njbuilding143
Induction cooktops.... Do you have one?
I am doing research on what is out there as far as...
blandinababes
Would you trust a builder to create a blueprint from your own sketch?
We have heard of people building custom without using...
liv2tell
We have started construction!!
We have just started construction of our new home in...
Jack Mason
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™