Fall wall decor and garage decor

excessfroufrouOctober 8, 2010

This is the other pheasant that I borrowed from my friend. I usually have a large landscape painting in this spot on the shelf, but after seeing what Lynne did with her paintings, I decided to change it up. The other pic is in the garage beside my back door. I know it's wierd to decorate in the garage, but this where most everyone comes in.

Frou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christmascandy

Fabulous as always.
My DGM used to have a saying in her kitchen that back door friends are the best, so decorating by the back door is a lovely idea.

TFS,
Candy

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 12:11PM
Purplemoon

I REALLY,REALLY like that flower arrangement in the last photo! Things like that just really 'call to me'.
I've got some pictures by my garage house door too. I enjoy going in and out a lot better with that wall decorated.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 6:20PM
slinkey

I agree, why not 'Dress Up' where everyone comes in and even if it's not through the front door!
Also for your own enjoyment as well.
That floral in the lovely copper pot caught my eye too. It's a beautiful arrangement.
Your whole vignette is truly an 'Autumn Welcoming'!
Very nice.

jane

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 6:38PM
jeannespines

I'm really liking that "wooden leaf" wreath with your arrangement of the binoculars & the rafia/leaves with that old pic in a beautiful Fallish frame. Frou...we also share that same floor lamp ...altho mine I've painted & on the porch. That copper pot floral arrangement is BEAUTIFUL! Looks great! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 7:16PM
yachter123

Oh, I love that you decorated by your entry from your garage. Everyone comes into my house thru the garage too!

We recently put in a brand new entryway door & even that thrills me evertime I come home & see it. We had a big old wooden door for years & DH decided to update with a new aluminum door, with a full window, our wooden one had a small window that was too high for anyone to see out.

I bought a door sign in Florida to decorate my new door, it says "All dogs are pets, but Shih Tzus are family", it looks so cute on my new door, so I guess I have my garage entry decorated just a little bit!

Wish I had room for a small table like you did, but too many skateboards, bikes etc. out there! LOL

All of your holiday decor is looking great, there have been so many posted lately, want to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 9:44PM
luvstocraft

All your extra touches are really giving your decor a nice fall flavor. Great idea to decorate where everyone can enjoy it when they come in. Love that copper pot and all the items in your arrangement too. Luvs

Bookmark   October 10, 2010 at 12:26AM
party_music50

Very cute, frou. And that first display is *wild* -- literally. lol! I too love the wooden leaf wreath and copper pot!

Bookmark   October 10, 2010 at 7:50AM
oldalgebra

"I know it's wierd to decorate in the garage, but this where most everyone comes in."

Frou, you're my kind of gal!

Bookmark   October 10, 2010 at 10:10AM
excessfroufrou

Thanks girls. Jeanne that "old picture" is DH and I a couple of years ago when we attended a murder mystery weekend at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. We went as Ernest Hemmingway and Dorthey Draper. And I actually thought of you when I bought that wreath at a GS for only a dollar. It has a real earthy and simple look that I've come to appreciate.
Frou

Bookmark   October 11, 2010 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
Our Xmas Display inside & out 2014
My Christmas in case you missed it w/carols, many changes...
aputernut
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
Nana, here are some sample uploads.
I thought I'd try to upload the same image saved in...
oldalgebra
Sponsored Products
Pearl River Bamboo Rug
Signature Hardware
Zone Bath Light by Tech Lighting
$440.00 | Lumens
Florence Pillow - Blue and White
$35.99 | Dot & Bo
Pure Rugs | St. Etienne Cowhide Rug
YLiving.com
Brown Ribbed 18 x 18 Pillow
$15.50 | Bellacor