Good bye Sandy!

nana2010_gwOctober 31, 2012

I'm so glad Sandy has left us here on our part of the East coast I hope all of my friends here on Holidays stayed safe.

She left major destruction in her wake.

There was a tremendous amount of wind damage in our area. But not much flooding. We were without power for 24 hours. I know that doesn't compare to what other areas are dealing with.

On Monday (about 50 miles from here) an 8year old boy was outside with his Dad when he was struck and killed by a falling tree limb. My heart goes out to his family.

Nana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Am glad you are safe, nana...so much destruction from Sandy ... keeping all in thought & prayer & the road to recovery ahead. Thank you for sharing here. Hugs, Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 11:09AM
luvstocraft

Nana, I didn't know where you lived, but I did email Kathleen on Long Island and Janet in Virginia to be sure they were okay. Kathleen said lots of trees down and homes washed away, but they were safe. Electric off awhie but came back on. Janet got two or three feet of snow from the blizzard caused by the storm. She assured me she was safe and warm and not going to venture out for awhile. Not sure if Jane's or any other of our memebers were in the areas where the storm hit.

Luvs

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 2:17PM
Marlene Kindred

Nana, so glad you're okay and that the storm has passed. My prayers go out to all of those folks who suffered so much damage and are without power and/or their homes. In my part of Virginia, we had about 8 inches of rain and lots of wind, but very little damage. We are so very thankful for that. Hope we hear from the others in the storms path.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 8:36PM
christmascandy

Nana, so glad you are OK. Sandy was horrible and I am so sorry to hear about the problems it caused.

T & P's for everyone affected.

Thanks for letting us know you are OK.
Candy

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 6:20PM
phonegirl

Nana, that Sandy was a horrible storm. So glad you are ok. We had alot of men in last week checking their service that was heading down to help clean up. I heard from Jane and they lost power on and off.

I thought I commented on this before. Sure hope everyone here survived w/o much damage.

Punk

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 8:57AM
More Discussions
Toddler' February Art
For all you grandmothers out there: Materials: One...
oldalgebra
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
Let's Celebrate Pi Day!
The table is set. Grab a hat and a noise maker and...
oldalgebra
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™