Getting a new addition

maximavswifeOctober 13, 2011

To our family. My oldest son called last night and told me he finally proposed to his wonderful girlfriend! I was wondering if he was going to wait until he received his Doctorate at the end of next year. I didn't think I could wait that long myself!! I am just so excited and happy. I just love her and they make such a perfect couple. She is the daughter I have always wanted :) They are planning a simple wedding sometime next year in Michigan where she is from and where they both live. I hereby promise to be the best MIL ever! :) Here are some pictures of them. My son, what a goof. God love her for appreciating his humor :)

Kath

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nana2010_gw

What wonderful news Kath!
They look perfect together.
Nana

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 12:04PM
dreamgoddess

What a beautiful couple! Congratulations to your son and soon to be new daughter!

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 2:45PM
Purplemoon

Your excitement comes right thru the computer! Great news and Congratulations to all of you.

I know you will be a super MIL, and I bet she loves you as much as you already love her. Isn't it wonderful when a son marries a girl you'd want as your own daughter! Jason's wife is like that to me. We all loved her from the beginning and told him he better keep her! LOL.

I imagine you will be walking around with a huge smile on your face for a long time. ;o)
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 4:10PM
slinkey

How wonderful...Congratulations to ALL!
They make a lovely couple. I'm not only happy for them but for you too...
Here's to being the best MIL there is!
jane

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 4:53PM
jeannespines

Oh, great news, maxi! They are a CUTE couple! Congrats to you & your extended family! I like your son's 'grin!' ;-) Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 7:51PM
oakleyok

Congrats! What a handsome couple! I also have a DIL that is absolutely perfect, as if I hand picked her myself! I always side with her if she and my son have a little tiff. lol.

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 8:17PM
phonegirl

Kath, so happy for all of you. DS looks tickled so it must be the right time. It will be so wonderful to have a DIL you adore. How many childeren do you have?

Hope you will be able to help w/decorations for the wedding. Just today at the office I got a compliment on all the bouquets around we made for DD's wedding.

Punk

Bookmark   October 13, 2011 at 10:05PM
christmascandy

Congratulations to you all!!
That is great news! I foresee a lot of trips to Michigan in your future!! Bet you didn't know I could see into the future,LOL!

Now you have to go shopping for your dress!
So wonderful that she is MIL approved, should make life a lot easier for everyone.

Super news, so happy for you all,
Candy

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 7:42PM
kathleen_li

That's wonderful, Kathe, best of luck to them!

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 8:03PM
lynnencfan

Congrats Kath - how wonderful that you can already love her like a daughter - wishing them the best of everything in the future .....

Lynne

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 7:41AM
More Discussions
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
"Inspiration Pictures" reminder
Hi Gang.....thought I'd remind you I've got a bunch...
Purplemoon
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
Our Xmas Display inside & out 2014
My Christmas in case you missed it w/carols, many changes...
aputernut
Mardi Gras Breakfast
Getting ready for tomorrow. For more information and...
oldalgebra
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™