Mixing Grohe and Hansgrohe in shower/tub combo?

ikea_gwJune 12, 2013

We bought Grohe products for a shower/tub combo. It has spout, GrohFlex valve and trim, wall elbow, bar, and a hand shower. We are unfortunately not impressed with the wall elbow and bar. We really like the Hansgrohe counterparts but we are not sure if we can use Hansgrohe wall elbow and bar with everything from Grohe. Any ideas? I think the finishes should match nicely since both are chrome so we are more worried about functionality.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geoffrey_b

Nobody is going to know this.

You will have to purchase the Hansgrohe, and see if the pieces fit. Most online places have a 30 day return policy - be sure to check for restocking fees.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 9:24AM
astridh

Your wall elbow and the bar itself are no problem. The only issue is whether the Grohe handheld shower will fit in the receptacle on the bar. Maybe you can go to a plumbing show room and just try it.
If it's not too late to return what you already bought, you can buy the pieces separately. Buy your Grohe valve/trim and buy the elbow, bar, hose, handheld shower and tub spout from Hansgrohe.
By the way, I used Grohe valve/trim and Hansgrohe wall bar/elbow/handheld in my new shower, and I like them very much. The brushed nickel finishes look fine together.
Good luck!

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 11:35AM
sas95

We have a mix of Grohe and Hansgrohe in our shower. The only issue arose when the Hansgrohe hose didn't fit snugly with the Grohe handheld shower head and it leaked. Contractor remedied this by using a different size washer in the connector. No issues after that.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 1:40PM
ikea_gw

I have about 90 days to return the Grohe stuff no charge so that is good news. I guess wall Hansgrohe wall elbow should be ok but matching Grohe shower head to Hansgrohe hose/bar might be tricky? I might get a Hansgrohe hand shower too then just in case. Thanks all!!

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 11:00AM
More Discussions
40" for double vanity, any suggestions?
Hi, We are remodeling our bathroom and would like a...
rickyk22
if studs are 16' apart, can i have a 24' medicine cab recessed?
can the builder recess a medicine cabinet wider than...
srg215
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™