Critique my appliance choices

scarletshouseMay 15, 2012

I'm replacing my white appliances with SS and going for solid midrange performers with a budget of about $6k for everything. I have to have a counter depth fridge and under cabinet installed hood. I have a small kitchen and the range needs to be as shallow as possible due to a drawer that hits the handle of the freestanding GE that's there now. What do you think, and can anyone recommend better alternatives?

Freestanding Range: Bosch all gas HGS7282UC

Side by Side Fridge: Kitchenaid KSC23C8EYY

Dishwasher: Bosch SHX7ER55UC

Hood: Zephyr Europa Pyramid 2PYE30A

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

I got that hood about 10 years ago! It really looks great installed. They've probably changed the guts since then but if they haven't, it works fine and not too loud. Good light placement.

The spouse had some head bumping incidents but that's always going to be the case.

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 10:18PM
scarletshouse

That's good to know, fori. The hood is the only one I've found that fits my style and price range, so it's nice to hear that you're happy with it.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 1:22AM
SparklingWater

We've had a Kitchenaid side by side for ten years ago with good refrigeration, freezing and no repairs except a self-induced roll over of freezer water line.

However, when if/when it goes, I'd prefer a top refrigerator, bottom freezer. combination. The side by size freezer is too small: doesn't fit a frozen pizza without angling. You are very limited on the door by size as to what you can place there. But you probably know all this.

The Zephyr Hoods are lovely in design and your selection is very nice. I've included a link to the Pyramid, as many of us have similar considerations.

Sounds like you know what you want. Have fun and enjoy your new appliances.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helpful link:

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 7:06PM
More Discussions
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
johnnytugs1! Thank you!
John, Thank you for your valuable advice! After a long...
emmachas_gw
Downdraft for Island
I've decided to get the Bosch Flex Induction cooktop...
comom27
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™