Help changing kitchen appliances to reduce costs

yeboMay 24, 2012

You really helped with the kitchen appliance list for my renovation. Now, almost starting, I have to drastically reduce costs. I�m hoping that from the original appliance list (with questions and comments), you�ll be able to suggest good alternatives (model numbers would be great).

1. Range: BS 30", light ivory 1015. This is the hardest. I really wanted open burners; is it true there aren�t any @ much lower price point? Also I love the idea of a colored range. What about Berta in antique white? Or just going in a different direction � induction range, Elux ? Or an even less expensive one?

2. Recirculating hood (has to be recirculating) � Zephyr Roma (ZROM90BS-36")

3. Liebherr 30"; no water (CS 1400) � Maybe outside water if a much less expensive frig

4. Double DishDrawer Fisher Paykel � Strongly prefer DishDrawers or another setup for small loads.

5. Sharp microwave drawer � 24". Is it worth it � compared to regular micro?Seemed great to minimize reaching,

Truly thank you,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carterkitchen

1. Range: you can go with the RCS BS instead of the RNB - both open burners. You can try American Range - they are less expensive.
2. cannot speak to the hood
3. lieberr 30 much cheaper fridges are available but for the integrated look, liebherr is the least expensive - Northland might be a good option
4. Double dish drawers are relatively "new" so still command a premium, much cheaper options in traditional style
5. I don't like MW drawers - seems like a major cost increase for questionable utility and turns a $200 appliance into a $1000 - $1500 appliance.
I don't know how much $$$ your are trying to recover but you could get back a $1-2000 by switching to move basic/less trendy options with the DW and MW. I would not switch much on the range - its a showpiece of a kitchen.
The fridge has lots of room to save - dozens of options to choose from.
caspian

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 10:11PM
More Discussions
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
Masterchef options for Miele speed oven
I have played around with a Miele combi steam oven...
barbja99
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™