Electric Burner Size vs. Warming Drawer

HamiltonResMay 16, 2014

My husband and I are planning a full kitchen remodel and are hung up on appliances. Specifically, an electric range. I want: electric, slide-in, stainless, min. of 4 burners, a min of two "large" burners, and a warming drawer. I feel like this shouldn't be hard.

The one oven that I have found in my price range that has all of the above is a Jenn-Air (JES8850CAS). However, I cannot find any reviews! What little I have found about the brand is mixed. Sidenote, my husband wants to match all of our appliances.

The next option is a GE Profile (PS920SFSS). My husband loves the other GE Profile appliances. However, the elements are 12", 8" (2), and 6" (2). I measured a bunch of my pans tonight and the ones I use the most are 9" and greater. This model has a warming drawer.

The third option is a frigidaire (FGES3065KF) that has heating elements in the following diameter: 12, 9, 6, 6. It does not have a warming drawer.

I really wish the GE had a 9" burner instead of two 8". I can't tell if missing that one inch will make a difference when I am trying to cook using two large pans. However, do I really need a warming drawer?

Thoughts on the Jenn-air? Any owners out there? Is that one inch difference in heating element size a big deal when boiling water and cooking?

More Discussions
36" induction cooktop with bridge
So far we've only found two 36" induction glass-top...
woodysapsucker
24' Appliances: Liebherr or Fagor?? Bertazzoni or other?
Can anyone weigh in on small space appliances? While...
petersen
Blue star French door ELECTRIC oven. Opinions?
looking at BS French door 30" ELECTRIC Anyone...
litebags
Blue star electric wall oven w/ French doors
I ordered my wall oven and 30" RNB range 8 weeks...
Debbi Branka
1200cfm oversized hood...Overkill for 30" BlueStar range?
I am getting a 30" BlueStar RNB range for my kitchen...
ILoveCookie
Sponsored Products
Chocolate Copper Medallion Rug 4' x 6'
$899.00 | Horchow
Comfort Dreams 11-inch Queen-size Gel Memory Foam Mattress with Thermo-Gel Cover
Overstock.com
Castor Design | Tank Light - Pendant Light
$510.00 | YLighting
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs John Charcoal Gray
Home Depot
Traditional Table Lamp with Scale Printed Grey Satin Shade
ParrotUncle
Dragonfly Patio Ceiling Fan by Quorum International
$521.00 | Lumens
Pineapple Bottle Stopper
$109.50 | FRONTGATE
Flock of Paper Cranes Print