Electric Burner Size vs. Warming Drawer

HamiltonResMay 16, 2014

My husband and I are planning a full kitchen remodel and are hung up on appliances. Specifically, an electric range. I want: electric, slide-in, stainless, min. of 4 burners, a min of two "large" burners, and a warming drawer. I feel like this shouldn't be hard.

The one oven that I have found in my price range that has all of the above is a Jenn-Air (JES8850CAS). However, I cannot find any reviews! What little I have found about the brand is mixed. Sidenote, my husband wants to match all of our appliances.

The next option is a GE Profile (PS920SFSS). My husband loves the other GE Profile appliances. However, the elements are 12", 8" (2), and 6" (2). I measured a bunch of my pans tonight and the ones I use the most are 9" and greater. This model has a warming drawer.

The third option is a frigidaire (FGES3065KF) that has heating elements in the following diameter: 12, 9, 6, 6. It does not have a warming drawer.

I really wish the GE had a 9" burner instead of two 8". I can't tell if missing that one inch will make a difference when I am trying to cook using two large pans. However, do I really need a warming drawer?

Thoughts on the Jenn-air? Any owners out there? Is that one inch difference in heating element size a big deal when boiling water and cooking?

More Discussions
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™