Thermador ovens

MarieB10May 13, 2012

I have thermador CM302 ovens that are not included in the fire hazard recall like the C301 or C302. My oven had the wiring catch on fire during the cleaning cycle as decribed in the recall units. The thermador representative told me that I should solve the problem by buying new ovens. I never thought of these as throw away units. I would repair the ovens if thermador would provide the insulation kit being used in the recall units. Has anyone ever had success dealing with this company. These ovens work great when they are functioning, however mine have had multiple repairs. Frankly, thermador customer service has never been very helpfull or friendly.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

"My oven had the wiring catch on fire during the cleaning cycle as decribed in the recall units."

This should be reported to the proper authorities for the recall. You should let Thermador know you are doing so, and that you also intend to report their less than "Concerned attitude" with your oven fire, as well as your personal safety and your family's!!!!! Burned wires could have easily shorted out to the frame of the oven and could have been a real danger!

They should be jumping through hoops to alleviate your concerns as I doubt they are all that anxious to have more
consumer class complaints filed.

One poster here, received a brand new icemaker, + free installation on same, after her old one caught fire.

It also wouldn't hurt to tell Thermador that you posted about your problem here in GW, and we see folks asking all the time about Thermador ovens----so here's their chance,(Thermadore's),
"Put Up, or Shut UP" and the folks here will draw their own conclusions.

Gary

Bookmark   May 13, 2012 at 11:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nerdyshopper

I want to agree with dodge59! And I also want to thank you. I was considering a Bosch, but if I recall, Thermadore is their upscale model. If they are having wiring problems in one the other will likely have the same innards. And the lack of interest in safety issues is appaling.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Need Advice on Best Gas Range/Cooktop for Short Person
I will be getting either a new gas cooktop or a dual-fuel...
yaupon
miele dishwasher gold substance explosion
i had a new water heater installed this morning and...
abenyjones
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™