Generation 6000 - New Miele Appliances

whirlpool_traineeMay 22, 2013

The English micro site is now online. Nice appliances with touch screen and all. Unfortunately, these went just on sale in Europe so, yeah, who knows when they'll be out in the US. Still... you can have a look here:

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: http://designforlife.miele.co.uk/uk/en/introduction

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fauguy

Those look nice, but looks like there isn't a 6000 series dishwasher, so I guess the 5000 series will stay current for a while longer.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 2:17AM
whirlpool_trainee

There'll be dishwashers and laundry appliances in the near future. These will launch (at the lasted) in September during the IFA in Berlin (German version of the CES).

Here is a link that might be useful: Re-writing laundry care

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 5:07PM
fauguy

My guess is that if there are new dishwashers in the 6000 series, probably would just be the top-end models, like the Diamond, since the 6000's have touch screens.

I heard a few years ago that Miele was "developing" a free-standing or slide-in range for the US market, that would have an induction top and oven on the bottom...just like other US ranges...instead of having a separate cooktop and wall oven.

I asked a person at the local Miele showroom (that is Miele owned) and they said as far as they know, it's still in the works.
Has anyone heard any updates to that? So far, if I were to replace my current GE Profile radiant heat top, I'd probably go with the GE induction slide-in, but would consider a Miele if they made one.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 7:40PM
xedos

I first heard about a range for the U.S. market 5-6 years ago.

When Miele leaked a microwave for the American market , it was 10 years before it hit the shelves here.

After a unit appears in Europe, it take about 2 years before it lands hear generally. UL listing take a while.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 8:04PM
nicekato42

Is it just me or do the new refrigerators look alot like Liebherrs?

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 7:13PM
xedos

Nick -

in the EU market, Miele fridges have been predominately manufactured by Liebherr for decades.

Those units are not available in the USA though.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
Best duel fuel range
If you wanted duel fuel which would you go for?
nismo99
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™