Maytag 4000 series frontload dump or move?

kath0000May 25, 2013

We have a 2-3 year old Maytag 4000 series frontload washer that works fine although there is always some sort of "growth" on the front rubber part despite replacing it twice and cleaning it daily. Looks like some sort of moldy stuff.

Anyway, we are moving next month and our movers told us we needed some transport bolts to secure the washer so that it does not get misaligned and then they would move it. OVerall, it would cost us almost $500 to do the move and the bolts and disconnect with them. We have asked our handyman and some others and no one is really willing to help for much less.

Should we just leave the washer and buy something new? For $500, it seems like we can just get a brand new appliance and forget about the washer completely!

Thanks.

Katherine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

"For $500, it seems like we can just get a brand new appliance and forget about the washer completely! "

The math would work for me. Check out the laundry forum before you buy.

Here is a link that might be useful: the Laundry Room

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 5:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miclelee12

If your washer is working fine then you should take with you. As the new washer operating system may be different than old one. You should not dumb it just for relocating reason, select another movers. If you looking for moving companies Seattle then no one can beat the estimates of PMC. They serve for entire Washington loading, shipping and unloading with complete insurance. Don't dump it without taking advice from other movers.

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 6:43AM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™