Bathroom Window Frosting

CooperGalwayJune 11, 2013

Hello! I have a bathroom window facing my neighbour�s living room window and it�s kind of awkward for me. I use drapes and blinds sometimes but they can be a hassle especially in a bathroom. So I tried some DIY window frosting and I�ve failed each time!!! They turned out horrible and only parts of the window were frosted. It was a pain to take the "frost" off, too!

I don�t know what I�m doing wrong since I followed the instructions right. Is there any way I can do this without a specific product? Like a TRULY DIY one?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

I don't know if you tried cling film, but it's easy to put on and easy to take off. You do have to buy it, and I'm not sure if that's what you mean by not wanting a specific product?

We used to use Glass Wax to make frosted window designs at xmas. Maybe that would be DIY enough?

The link below refers to acrylic glaze. Rustoleum makes an acrylic spray on window frosting product, but I haven't used it. I have used a cling film purchased at Home Depot or Lowes and it couldn't have been easier and looked terrific.

You also could hang a stained or leaded glass window inside your existing one for privacy.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to frost windows.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™